Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Caxton still any good?

Last time we were over in 2015 for spending money I took some cash and had the rest on a Caxton FX card.
I was able to withdraw several hundred dollars at a time at ATMs etc. As a rule I preferred to pay cash for things anyway and it all worked very well.
Not that long until we fly again so I'm looking at the options. I still have a dormant caxton account with 300+ dollars on it from 2015 which I've just discovered is being charged a couple of quid a month so I have to load something on to it soon anyway.

I keep hearing about Revolut, but I'm also hearing some negative stories as well.
So I don't know what to do.
Any thoughts?
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by k1971 View Post
Last time we were over in 2015 for spending money I took some cash and had the rest on a Caxton FX card.
I was able to withdraw several hundred dollars at a time at ATMs etc. As a rule I preferred to pay cash for things anyway and it all worked very well.
Not that long until we fly again so I'm looking at the options. I still have a dormant caxton account with 300+ dollars on it from 2015 which I've just discovered is being charged a couple of quid a month so I have to load something on to it soon anyway.

I keep hearing about Revolut, but I'm also hearing some negative stories as well.
So I don't know what to do.
Any thoughts?
I'm not sure what you are being charged for but we use our Caxton cards all the time without issue. Haven't found anywhere that we couldn't use it.
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

I'm being charged a dormant account fee cause I've not used it for nearly 4 years.
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We use our Caxton card on every holiday USA, Canada or Europe and have some of each currency on the card at any given time.
Old 16 Mar 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure what you have heard about Revolut but we use this and never had any issues, will be using again in August and one of the best exchange rates around
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dannykrisztene
Proud to wear my Ears

Dannykrisztene's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Have used Caxton for about the last 4 years with no problem. I always pay cash for tips and fuel, and WAWA has always been free for cash withdrawals.
Dannykrisztene is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We use a Caxton card and really like it. We used it to pay for all sorts of things and also to draw out some cash. Will be using it agin this year.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dannykrisztene View Post
Have used Caxton for about the last 4 years with no problem. I always pay cash for tips and fuel, and WAWA has always been free for cash withdrawals.
Yes us too.

Definitely try Wawa if you haven't already it was a revelation to us !
Not only for the free ATMs but for the food they sell for snacks ...so reasonable.
So clean, easy to use and customer friendly.
So glad someone on The Dibb recommended it.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

I use Revolut as they always seem to have a good exchange rate. Think currently it is $1.325
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Yes us too.

Definitely try Wawa if you haven't already it was a revelation to us !
Not only for the free ATMs but for the food they sell for snacks ...so reasonable.
So clean, easy to use and customer friendly.
So glad someone on The Dibb recommended it.
There is a new Wawa on the Steak n Shake forecourt just North of Crossroads. Caxton and Wawa works well for us.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List