Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My son just messaged to he’s in Quebec instead of Toronto and he’s not happy!
Air Transat?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If it is Air Transat this is common with them in our experience. 3/3 flights to Toronto they’ve not
Had enough fuel and had to stop in St Johns to refuel.

I guess it’s how they keep their costs down 🤣
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Back in 2007 we were flying to Florida with Excel airways, when we were told we had to land in Gander to refuel. The following year they went bust. They were getting cheaper fuel from Gander, and our son who is a aircraft engineer said they most probably didn't take a full load of fuel from Gatwick, as the plane certainly could have made the journey with a full tank.

Hope your son journey is soon over.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
If it is Air Transat this is common with them in our experience. 3/3 flights to Toronto they’ve not

Yes it is, blimey I bet they didn’t know that!
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

We’ve had to stop in goose bay - canada. to refuel on the way to Orlando. Delayed our flight by hours 🙄🙈
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They are nearly home, four hours late!
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

The last time this happened to me it was with a Turkish airline that went bust shortly thereafter. Their credit had run out at the original airport so had to stop at Istanbul to refuel. They tried claiming that the passengers baggage was too heavy to make it all the way to the U.K. 😂
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Glad they are nearly home, but this is so much the reason my brother refuses to travel with Air Transat, he travels to Canada regularly and will pay the extra for any other airline to avoid them.
Have family who live in Canada and they will not even consider them as a mode of transport!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

When I worked for a bank we managed currency payments for several airlines. I remember on a few occasions planes were sitting on the tarmac unable to take off until we’d received a payment for them which they used to pay fuel.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post

Yes of course, nothing to do with headwinds and regulations that say you have to have enough fuel to get to a divert airport from your destination airport!

It will not have run out of fuel, just gone under the reserve quantity required to allow a divert at destination, hence into Quebec

Air transport regulation will not allow aircraft to depart without enough fuel for their journey. Severe headwinds can change that, but they always have enough plus reserve to get to their divert locations
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List