Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jan 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fantastic day! My hats off to you for your stamina! 😀 nice to see how things can be done even in August too - gives me hope for our August trip yet 😂 am so getting myself that pineapple upside down cake with dole whip too 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

What an amazing 4 parks in one day challenge. After reading that I've got a fancy for trying it ourselves sometime? Not sure if we'd manage it aswell as you mind you! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Wow, I’m thinking I need a nap after just reading that never mind actually doing it.
I was laughing at Kate’s comment about the sun cream as that’s the kind of sarcastic nonsense we’d get from ds as well😂
You certainly kept your energy levels high by snacking all the way, I love days like that.
We’ve seen the hoe down - flash mob, they’ve been doing it for a fair few years.
We enjoyed our 3 parks in a day at Christmas, I’m not sure I could do 4 in the summer heat but I’m not ruling it out.
Great read - thanks for posting.
I know I needed a rest after writing it up!

I think it was a good plan to keep eating all day long. You're right we definitely needed the energy.

You've seen the hoe down! Brilliant. I assumed it must be a semi regular thing. I wonder if it's always around early evening? Is it advertised in the show schedules? If it is then I've totally missed it. While I guess I wouldn't go out of our way and camp out for it, I'd love to be in the right place at the right time again.

Saying that, you wouldn't believe the number of times DH said something like "oh, that was lucky we were here when that happened". luck indeed! If only he knew the hours I've put into planning and researching.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
What a fantastic day! My hats off to you for your stamina! 😀 nice to see how things can be done even in August too - gives me hope for our August trip yet 😂 am so getting myself that pineapple upside down cake with dole whip too 👌
It helped us all to know there was no alarm clock the following day and that we had a lazy day planned. Apart from the torrential rain it was pretty good weather for the challenge. The rain actually cooled the day down nd it stayed overcast pretty much the rest of the day so it was nowhere near as sweltering as it could have been.

You should get that pineapple cake dole whip. I saw it first on DFB I think. It is awesome.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What an amazing 4 parks in one day challenge. After reading that I've got a fancy for trying it ourselves sometime? Not sure if we'd manage it aswell as you mind you! 😂

Kat
We sure had a ball doing it and I'm the wrong person to ask if you want to be talked out of it! Go for it...It was brilliant fun. I'd wondered about doing it at the start of the trip, you know when you're full of energy and excitement. It could be a good time to do it, but in the end I'm glad we didn't have any attractions that we had to do because we hadn't fitted them in yet. Being near the end it was a highlights tour recap of our best bits. I'm so glad that in AK and HS we got in our favourite rides.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

I really liked your meeting Mickey and Minnie twist but I do agree it would have been so difficult timewise. I also love the using every mode of transport rule.

Love the photo from the walk to the bus stop, Dave and Max obviously buzzing to have a 15-hour day head of them.

I’m so impressed with everything you achieved in AK.

Kate’s smile meeting Daisy is one of the greatest things ever.

I am glad you and Kate were able to stick it out together.

I badly want to do this, and we would probably stick to exactly your rules, but with this year’s trip being so short it just isn’t going to work as we’d need an early night before it and a ‘lazy’ day to recover afterwards.

An incredible day, congratulations!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t believe how much you did, what a brilliant day. I think I am going to try this on our next visit (but I know DH would fail after park 2 😂 ) Well done to Kate for seeing it right through to the end with you
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Wow what an exhausting but amazing day. We are planning a 4 park challenge so will keep in mind some rest time with air con
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

I really liked your meeting Mickey and Minnie twist but I do agree it would have been so difficult timewise. I also love the using every mode of transport rule.

Love the photo from the walk to the bus stop, Dave and Max obviously buzzing to have a 15-hour day head of them.

I’m so impressed with everything you achieved in AK.

Kate’s smile meeting Daisy is one of the greatest things ever.

I am glad you and Kate were able to stick it out together.

I badly want to do this, and we would probably stick to exactly your rules, but with this year’s trip being so short it just isn’t going to work as we’d need an early night before it and a ‘lazy’ day to recover afterwards.

An incredible day, congratulations!
It was the day I had been most looking forward to in the trip, it was really hard not to wish away the preceding days.

I like that bus stop photo too. I'm so excited whereas they look quite daunted really.

Sometimes the photopass unposed for photos are the best aren't they? I like that they are snapping away and this one managed to capture the look on Kate's face.

We certainly needed the early night and the rest day after, but then we don't really do late nights anyway. We've never made to an EEH! It would be perfect for the QSDP...think of all the snacks you would have. By the evening of the day following I had itchy feet and would have gone to a park if possible. In fact I likely would have wanted to go earlier but I was so stuffed from the Cali Grill brunch and I could barely move. Plus of course I wanted to make our 14 day tickets go for the 15th day so we needed a day away from the park.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I can’t believe how much you did, what a brilliant day. I think I am going to try this on our next visit (but I know DH would fail after park 2 😂 ) Well done to Kate for seeing it right through to the end with you
I'm sure you and Georgia would love it. Maybe it's something you could plan to do together and have DH join you for part of it?

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Wow what an exhausting but amazing day. We are planning a 4 park challenge so will keep in mind some rest time with air con
While obviously the shows take up time I really think that stopping and watching Indiana Jones, Turtle Talk, Nemo etc would have been worth it. We like the shows so it's not a hardship and the bit of downtime where you're not hustling to the next attraction or character would have been welcome.

Good luck on your 4 park challenge, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day! I would love to try this on our trip but I'm not sure DD would be up for it. I might just plan it and not tell her
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Oh my gosh what a day! I can not actually comprahend how many steps you walked or how much you mananged to do! 9 characters and 14 rides? I need to step up my game or just go with you guys next time!
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by clochette View Post
What a great day! I would love to try this on our trip but I'm not sure DD would be up for it. I might just plan it and not tell her
That sort of deception sounds perfectly acceptable to me! There's nothing wrong with planning it...you can always change your mind nearer time, or even on the day if you don't want to do it.

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Oh my gosh what a day! I can not actually comprahend how many steps you walked or how much you mananged to do! 9 characters and 14 rides? I need to step up my game or just go with you guys next time!
We were quite lucky that a few of the character meets were doubled up so that meant only queuing once. Plus at MK we did all the rides that no one else wanted to do so the waits were really low!

It was a brilliant day though I'd recommend it, perhaps you'd be better off waiting until your DS is bit older, plus you have the added complexity of having to plan in a nap for your DH