Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Mobile Vancouver road trip

Morning all,

So yesterday we had one of those let’s just pop in here and see how much this will be for next year things- before we know it we’ve booked a Canada road trip for 2021!

Got home and before you know it I was googling around and beginning to think I’d bitten off more than I can chew! I am far from a novice as we organised a full California road trip last summer but this one with the campgrounds etc seems an absolute minefield.

So we fly out July 2021- have two nights in Vancouver, 12 nights on the road and then one night back in Vancouver.

Does anybody have hints or tips? Recommended camp grounds? Anything which might point me in the right direction!

We’ve kind of pencilled in stops in Kamloops, Banff and jasper. We’d love to go to Seattle too so hoping that 12 days will be rough to do something like this!

Any and all reccomendations hints and tips are thoroughly welcome! TIA!
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are arriving in Seattle having flown up from San Luis Obispo and then driving up and in to Vancouver on 07 April.

Whilst we will be staying with an old Army mate for 3 days, I will be doing a trip report. I have no doubt that his family will show me some good stuff and I will be doing a trip report (that will appear in the California section). Only things that I know we are doing at the moment are Stanley Park and Victoria Island.

We then fly home from Vancouver so I can’t help you too much more... I did live for 6 months in Alberta, visiting Calgary, Edmonton, Med Hat and Banff, but that was too long ago to be relevant (31 years).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sounds like an amazing trip you have ahead of you
Canada is beautiful yet is so vast you could spend a month travelling and achieve a fraction of what there is on offer.
We spent a month in Canada in 2007 and stayed in the city of Vancouver for a couple of days - Stanley Park, Granville Island (and the brewery there) plus the steam clock are must sees.
We did venture to Vancouver Island which is in fact a ferry ride away and takes 3 to 4 hours to get to Victoria, which is the most amazing place, seaplanes down to Seattle too
If you get there do make plans to see The Butchart Gardens - incredible

We spent a lot of time with family in the Oakanagan Valley in Kelowna and then headed to Vernon for some golf and the water sports at the also had the chance to experience the Kettle Valley Railway in Penticton.
The whole Oakanagan Lake area is beautiful with lots to do and certainly lots to see.

Thankfully there is much more online planning tools available now so you should be able to plan a great route but just be careful not to try to do too much, otherwise you will spend a lot of time in the car!

Hope this is of some help but it is certainly a place we yearn to return.

Happy planning and I'm sure you will love everything that Canada has to offer

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We're starting our road trip in September in Vancouver. We're staying 3 nights before heading off to Vancouver Island for 6 nights.

The whole trip is 23 days and we're finishing by taking the train from Seattle to Vancouver, which DH is dead keen to do! We've previously been to Seattle and Portland and loved them both (see trip report).

Can't help on Banff etc but there are several really good trip reports - Parisdisneyfan, jocat and Gunna spring to mind.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List