Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I know this is the OP's post, not mine, but i thought I'd update about my quest for the perfect mattress.

I decided that the Tempur is too much money at the moment, and as we want to hopefully move up the housing ladder in the spring, I don't really want to take finance. I've ordered an Emma. I've not been able to try it, as they are no stockists locally, but I figured with the 100 night trial there was nothing to lose. We will keep our mattress in the spare room - if the Emma works out, then great and if it doesn't we can return it, go back to our old one and reconsider the Tempur.
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I know this is the OP's post, not mine, but i thought I'd update about my quest for the perfect mattress.

I decided that the Tempur is too much money at the moment, and as we want to hopefully move up the housing ladder in the spring, I don't really want to take finance. I've ordered an Emma. I've not been able to try it, as they are no stockists locally, but I figured with the 100 night trial there was nothing to lose. We will keep our mattress in the spare room - if the Emma works out, then great and if it doesn't we can return it, go back to our old one and reconsider the Tempur.
Can you let me know how you get on with it please 👍🏻
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There is a programme on BBC2 all about Harrison mattresses if this may help anyone in the quest for a new mattress!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
There is a programme on BBC2 all about Harrison mattresses if this may help anyone in the quest for a new mattress!
Currently watching - as I said earlier we have one

Mick
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thanks
Yes, absolutely. It should arrive next week. Their 35% off offer finishes on 1st September, so hope to update before then.
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Currently watching - as I said earlier we have one

Mick
No wonder it cost us £2,000 about 6 years ago.

Mick
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We have a dreams shop and a bensons for beds.
Dreams customer service was excellent today, she was giving us advice but not pushy at all. They totally ignored us in bensons!
We want to try the mattress first.
Good to see someone else had great customer service at Dreams - can't recommend them highly enough. Superb service

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I was considering one until I looked at the reviews on Trust Pilot

Think I'd stick with a Sealy that has an inbuilt topper... ours is fabulously comfy

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Thanks
The Emma arrived yesterday. We set it up at 6pm and left it until 10.30pm. It’s got a pungent smell, hubby says it’s like paint, but the reviews say that goes away.

It was firmer than I expected. It is medium/firm which I thought was my preference but perhaps not. I had an awful night’s sleep last night, could not get comfortable, my upper back and shoulders were aching all night and still aching when I got up. That said, hubby likes it and says it’s better than our old bed.

I’m obviously going to give it a few more nights and see how it goes, but I’m not bowled over yet.
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ergoflex. All our mattresses are now Ergolex. We got one after reading recommendations on here a few years ago and wouldn't go with any other brand now. It has some kind of cooling technology. I suffer with back pain and also at that "age". I find I don't overheat with the mattress. It doesn't cool me down. The only thing that cools me down is to stand infront of the fridge with the doors open
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List