Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jul 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
SpectroMagically, Taking on the Worlds in 2015! Day 22 - Shoppingly resting- with golf too!

Third update in a week - I may just make it!

Thank you all for reading and the many posts this week simply add to my resolve to have this one finished before we go

Day 21 is here if you missed it

The full index is here.

Welcome to...

Day 22 - Wednesday 19th August 2015

Todays planned Fast Passes were...

Epcot
Turtle Talk With Crush 12:35 PM - 1:35 PM
Soarin'® 1:40 PM - 2:40 PM
Spaceship Earth 2:55 PM - 3:55 PM

CANCELLED at wake up!

Joe had a long lie in which was obviously a long time coming , It was also a sign that we needed to slow it down a bit. So we did.
We do use him as a barometer of park pressure as Josh will do the same as me - late night s and early mornings and just keep going.
Joe can't and this morning the whole trip finally caught up - the fact he had a comfy bed and a room of his own was probably the biggest factor.

I have to admit that this is one thing that being on a long trip does allow, the ability to simply stop , recharge and then move on.

A no park day was the first decision.

We had a spot of breakfast in the villa and headed to our favourite Hilfiger and Skechers shops opposite the old Festival Bay Mall.
It was a bit of a waste, as they both sold stuff seen in other shops and lacked the clearance offers of the past - Alison still manage to get some shoes though- Strange that!

Next stop was Winter Summer land golf- we opted for the summer course just because it offers lots if great photo opportunities for the annual calendar we send to family.

It was hot, hot, hot and the sweat was pouring off us by the end.

It was great fun, as always and as Ultimate Ticket holders from the UK you do get this for free as part of the ticket - you really do need to go and do it!

Alison came second with the boys sharing third. I will avoid taking the glory of my putting masterclass as I missed out on the lowest score of the day.

Premium at Vineland Road was next for crisps and a drink and a visit to the Disney shop which had some new stock in so it would be a shame not to take them up on a tee shirt and an Everest fleece, which was such a bargain I saw some body locally wearing the same one earlier this week - if you are reading and were in Proudfoots in Newby last week - I did try to find you!
Bargains galore though
Tommy bargains too for the boys and izod for Alison and I – that shop was closing soon so no more izod bargains at LBV outlets and now here too.Have always found a good golf clothing offer here.

We were flagging by this point so rather than doing LBV we hit Walmart for the usual golf balls drugs and guns! Possibly not in that order. We also stocked up, more importantly, on beer and wine.

As we returned to the villa the pool man had left a card and we now had a heated spa tub👍 Good job we left that gun at Walmart it was no longer needed and it was a great rescue from the Villa owner via his management company. One of the main reasons for booking this villa was the ability to have a spa pool with a different temperature than the pool - in the space of two emails the villa owner had it sorted.
We pooled and just chilled out with the restocked beer and wine coming in handy and the boys just enjoying the pool.

As the lightning arrived we phoned for a Chinese and 60 dollars later we were all suitably full

Boys had a relatively early night as did Alison - I sat and watched the Rays on tv for a while, before succumbing to the inevitable snooze.

I have had a good chuckle revisiting today as we probably did mor e mileage in the car and visited more shops than ever and we still managed to get the golf in too.

For a day of doing nothing that seems quite good

Day 23 coming soon!

And is here in super record time

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:03 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Nice day away from the parks! Some times you don't need to stay at the villa to relax, you just need to be away from the crowds.

Chinese at the villa - can't beat it!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Good to see you slowed down a bit (ha!) but still managed to pack loads in! The evening in the spa and pool with beer and wine sounds idyllic and well done for keeping going with this marathon...I'm guessing your upcoming return to the happy place and the approaching end of term will help spur you on! Well done for 2 posts in one day
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day a bit more relaxing than usual

Joan
Old 11 Jul 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Good to see you slowed down a bit (ha!) but still managed to pack loads in! The evening in the spa and pool with beer and wine sounds idyllic and well done for keeping going with this marathon...I'm guessing your upcoming return to the happy place and the approaching end of term will help spur you on! Well done for 2 posts in one day
I am trying
Glad you understand and thank you

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Funny how these rest days seem to pack in so much

I find its the head space as much as the pace that needs the rest!

Glad that you're are keeping going with the reports and not bailing out like I did!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Loved reading your reports so far - looking forward to the next!

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SSR - 2017 *How Many New Things Can We Do - March 2017*
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Sometimes it's good to just relax and recharge the batteries although you did manage some golf and shopping
Old 14 Jul 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
Funny how these rest days seem to pack in so much

I find its the head space as much as the pace that needs the rest!

Glad that you're are keeping going with the reports and not bailing out like I did!
Thanks Neil - I have to keep going as I have such a fab ending and I would hate to spoil it

Originally Posted by SleepingSophie View Post
Loved reading your reports so far - looking forward to the next!
Thank you for reading and posting - it is little posts like this that will make me finish the whole report

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Sometimes it's good to just relax and recharge the batteries although you did manage some golf and shopping

Thank you - I'm beginning to think we pack more into a Florida day than any other
Even when we are on a no park day!

Day 23 is now posted too

Old 28 Jul 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

On shorter trips you feel guilty if you need to take a day out but you were so lucky you had the luxury of plenty of leisure time if you needed it. Nice that you still got out and about though!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List